1. Briefly discuss the role of Na+ and K+ in the transmission of nerve impulses.
2. Briefly discuss the divisions of the brain stem and their fundamental roles in body processes.
3. Explain the mechanisms involved in the transmission of neurotransmitters along the post-synaptic gap (e.g. enzyme action, reuptake, and insufficient production).
4. What does it mean when we refer to the frontal lobe's "executive functions"?
5. Differentiate the sensory, motor, and integrative functions of the nervous system.
6. Discuss the functions of the temporal lobe.
7. Differentiate adrenergic versus cholinergic division of the PNS, including the receptors and neurtransmitters involved.